Director of Corporate Finance
We are working with a prominent global player in the private aviation industry, at the intersection of subscription models, luxury services, and shared economies. The organisation has actively engaged in capital market activities and successfully completed several acquisitions. This Director of Corporate Finance position presents an exciting opportunity to become a part of a dynamic, high-growth company, which is reshaping the industry.
Based out of London this Director of Corporate Finance role, will require you to contribute to the execution of the Group's capital market endeavours and strategic initiatives. Reporting directly to the Group's Chief Financial Officer, your responsibilities will encompass vital strategic projects, including capital procurement, acquisitions, and strategic financial planning. This role entails detailed analysis, the creation of presentations, and engaging with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
This position offers exposure to senior management and external stakeholders, including shareholders, bondholders, rating agencies, and financial institutions.
- Project Management: Act as the central coordinator for strategic initiatives, including capital procurement and acquisitions.
- Debt Origination and Execution: Identify new lenders and sources of capital to support the Group's aircraft financing and refinancing efforts, including negotiation of terms.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Support due diligence activities for potential acquisition targets and assist in negotiating deal terms.
- Strategic Financial Planning: Maintain a robust financial model to facilitate sound business planning and decision-making.
- Preparation of Reports and Presentations: Prepare reports and presentations related to ongoing business performance and strategic projects, catering to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysing Business Trends: Assess the impact of underlying business trends on financial results, including comparing actual results to budget and prior year results, in collaboration with finance, accounting, and controlling teams.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
A minimum of 8 years of experience in a financial institution, such as leveraged finance, M&A, project finance, or corporate finance, most likely in a bank, advisory boutique, or a fund. An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science, or Business Management. Proficient communication skills in written and spoken English. Additional language proficiency is advantageous. Proven ability to manage projects with multiple workstreams, demonstrating leadership success across a wide range of business challenges. A self-motivated individual with a collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and adaptability. Ability to distill complex financial data into clear and concise analyses and presentations. Familiarity with loan structures and documentation. Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.