Financial Accountant - Insurance
An internationally focused Insurance business is looking to appoint a Financial Accountant. The role will provide you with insight into the insurance services sector as well as the opportunity to work in a private equity backed business with a history of significant organic and acquisitive growth.
The Financial Accountant is a senior role in the Financial Control team and will support the Finance Manager & Group Financial Controller in all areas of financial control including owning the Balance Sheet and taking the lead on the audit and financial statements.
This role will provide significant exposure to senior level stakeholders and offers great opportunities to progress.
Responsibilities will include:
- Main point of contact for the auditors
- preparation of the annual UK Financial statements under UK GAAP
- Preparing monthly reports on the balance sheet and corporate costs to present to the CFO
- Coordinate and lead the quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Assisting the Finance Manager and CFO in understanding the Balance Sheet risks and opportunities
- Carry out monthly VAT reviews and VAT returns
- Assist the International Tax team in issuing UK tax guidance
- Key point of contact for Tax advisors
- Calculating the Quarterly UK Transfer Pricing alongside the International Tax Director
Skills and experience required:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Tax knowledge desirable
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Team player with willingness to help others
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. Unfortunately, we shall not be able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.