A Private Equity backed, manufacturing/distribution business are looking to appoint a Financial Controller. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, forward-thinking business as they go through an exciting period of change and growth.
Reporting directly to and working closely with the CFO, this person will be in a varied role, from business partnering with executive management, to running a team responsible for the preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting and monthly management reporting, to dealing with ad hoc investor requests. This would suit an individual who can be hands on while seeing the bigger picture, who is looking for a highly influential role in a PE backed business.
In order to succeed in the role:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/ACMA)
- Significant experience in a similar role including consolidations and Forex
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Experienced in accounting systems
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work as part of a cross-functional team
Responsibilities will include but aren't limited to:
- Preparation of the consolidated Exec monthly management reporting to a high standard including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and working capital.
- Preparation of Monthly/Quarterly reporting and ad-hoc requests to Private Equity investors
- Responsible for accounting close process for group companies including preparing balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of the monthly consolidation.
- Full ownership of transactional accounting operations including accounts payable
- MI Reporting - Prepared and presented budgets, forecasts and results for senior operational management and Board whilst reviewing and challenging operational MI packs, providing support where necessary.
- Business Partnering with Executive management on budgeting, contract negotiations, new product launches and pricing model
- Assist CFO with the external audit process and preparation of statutory accounts
- Prepare all tax computations and returns for both UK and international operations, remaining technically up to date with all local tax rules and regulations, covering VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax.
- Leadership & People Management - Leading teams of 5-10 people, providing ongoing training, coaching and future career development whilst effectively managing information upwards to Exec teams
If you meet the criteria dictated above, please apply below. Unfortunately, due to the anticipated number of applicants, we may not be able to respond to all unsuccessful candidates.