Financial Controller- Insurance
A Fantastic opportunity for a senior insurance professional has arisen to join a highly regarded FTSE listed business based in Berkshire. The Financial Controller, Insurance will ensure that necessary financial control disciplines are applied to all entities and ensure that all financial, statutory and regulatory obligations are met. This is a highly technical role that will require the chosen individual to have prior extensive experience of working on regulated submissions in the insurance sector. I am looking to speak to confident individuals with a proven track record of communicating effectively with very senior stakeholders and drafting papers for the Audit Committee, Executives and Non-Executive directors. You will be someone who has prior direct line management as this role will also be leading a team of 2 senior accountants. This is a collaborative and flexible environment and a business well established in its field.
A little bit about you
- As a senior qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- expert in insurance within financial control
- Experience analysing operational risks and control from a regulated insurance perspective.
- Strong understanding of conduct standards (SMCR) and all rules set out by the FCA and PRA.
- a natural leader who can influence and build key stakeholder relationships.
- Systems skills in SAP Acorn ERP, SAP BW, SAC and Analysis for Office. BPC desirable.
- Strong Microsoft and Power Apps skills or desire to learn.
A little bit about the role
Primary regulatory responsibilities:
- Solvency II financial reporting to the PRA.
- Financial reporting to the FCA.
- Determination of technical provisions.
- Business market, counterparty and liquidity risk policies, procedures, and financial controls.
- Management of two direct senior accountant reports
- Oversee the production of the finance sections of the annual SFCR and RSR.
- Provide oversight of investments and capital position. Ensure appropriate and accurate financial reporting is provided to management.
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£70000 - £73000 per annum + bonus and benefits.
£50000 - £60000 per annum + £1,500 car allowance + 25% bonus
£80000 - £100000 per annum + + car allowance + package